||Any Pet Owner
- Poop, pee, or vomit are a topic conversation for you and your friends.
- You refer to yourself as Mommy or Daddy, and you refer to your parents as your pet's
- You are an "aunt", "uncle" or "godparent" to someone
- You talk about your pet the way other people talk about their kid.
- You know the name of your neighbor's pet, but you don't know your neighbor's name.
- You have your pet's picture, and no one else's, on your office desk.
- Your pet sleeps with you - in the center of the bed, while you are pushed off to the
- Your pantry contains more varieties of pet food and treats than human food.
- You think it's normal to find pet hair in your food.
- You share your meals with your pet.
- The only hairbrush you can find is your pet's, and you don't mind using it on yourself.
- You've forgotten the color of your couch because it's been covered with a blanket for
- Your nightstand or end-table is your pet's carrier.
- You like people who like your pet. You despise people who don't.
- You sign and send birthday and greeting cards from your pet. Or, you ink your pet's paw
and sign it with a paw print.
- You call home and leave a message on the answering machine for your pet.
- Your pet is getting old and arthritic, so you build a ramp so he can get onto the bed by
- You have blankets strategically placed around the house just so your pet will always
have a cozy spot.
- You'd rather stay home on Friday night and cuddle your pet than go out with your
- At the first sign of illness, you take your pet to the vet. But you haven't been to a
doctor in years.
- You watch stupid tv shows because you are snuggled with your pet and can't reach the
Just for Cat Owners
- Hairballs are a common topic of conversation among your friends.
- You think it's normal to go to the warehouse store and purchase 200 pounds of kitty
- Cardboard boxes and sisal are part of your home decor.
- You hang birdfeeders outside the windows just so the cats have something to watch while
you're at work.
- Your co-workers or neighbors refer to you as "the one with all the cats."
Just for Dog Owners
- Friday night entertainment is making a huge bowl of popcorn and tossing most of it to
- You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all
over the inside.
- You have a kiddy wading pool in the yard, but no small children.
- Your neighbors know it's almost bedtime because they hear you in the back yard trying to
convince your dog to go pee.
- The kitchen trash can is more or less permanently installed in the sink, to keep the dog
out of it while you're at work.
- You are the only person outside in sub-zero temperatures because your dog wants to go
for a walk.
Updated October 2000
This site is for information purposes
only. Please consult your veterinarian.